I have conceded to myself (and now to you) that this blog is about feelings. It is not as informational as intended, but I feel (haha) that the emotional journey of adjustment, trial and error, anger, and progress is just as important in it’s own way. Also, I have lots of feelings about everything, so expressing them here, rather than trying to be informative, is more authentic to me, which is something I’m actively working on in all aspects of my life.
With that in mind, I am also trying to be more positive, so below are five things I hate… and five things that are positive about my current situation with diabetes.
- Diabetes gets in the way of things that I want to do
- I will always be sick
- Living with this is altering my thinking and I’m not sure I’m okay with that
- Other people I care about are affected by this
- Diabetes causes me to be even more dependent on other things and people for support which I intrinsically hate, even though it is part of being human
- My Dexcom is actually helpful
- Diabetes is not the end of the world
- I have even better reasons to take good care of myself
- I pay closer attention to my health and to how it affects my mood, and therefore my interactions with other people — which has had positive outcomes
- It makes me appreciate being in a place and situation where I can have access to the best possible care
My hope is that there is at least one person out there who can relate to this and feels a little less alone for reading this and knowing that I am going through this too.